Are you tired of just getting by? Imagine how it would be to truly feel alive!
Our mind-body based lifestyle courses guide you to what you need to transform your health and well-being by closing your own unique nurture gap.
Click to jump directly to each program:
What the heck is a nurture gap?
We were hoping you would ask!
At the root of every illness is unmet need, whether it’s a cell, an organ, an individual, a relationship, or a society.
And, unmet need is a lack of nurture.
Therefore, all illness is a lack of nurture, a gap between what is needed and what is being provided.
Want some examples? We thought so…
- A cell might lack nutrients or proper chemical signaling (which influences its gene expression, molecular and atomic makeup).
- A tissue or organ may be overburdened, inflamed and damaged by lack of rest or excess toxicity.
- An individual may lack proper self-care, resulting in physical and mental illness or general feelings of unhappiness.
- A relationship may lack communication or affection, causing emotional stress that creates hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances.
- A society may lack regulations to protect consumers from environmental contamination or toxic products that, in turn impact cells, genetics, emotions and relationships.
Now does it make a little more sense why illness is a confluence of unmet needs? Health issues and emotional unhappiness are not separate and are a result of living out of balance with ourselves and the intricate web of life that we are plugged into, which simply doesn’t feel good.
- This nurture gap is happening at individual and collective levels.
- It’s not a bad thing or a failure.
- It helps us sort out what we want and what we don’t want because we don’t like not feeling good.
- It’s happening in all of us and is central to our shared journey of human growth and evolution.
It’s up to you to choose to listen to how you feel and allow yourself to begin closing your nurture gap.
And what do we mean by “radical healing”?
Well, we don’t mean extremism. We were excited to discover that the original meaning of “radical” is going to the root and affecting the fundamental nature of something with far reaching effects.
For health and happiness, this usually requires the second definition of “radical,” stepping outside the box of social convention, in order to find biological balance. For example, eating a Twinkie is biologically extreme (damaging), but socially conventional.
When your needs are met through consistent, relevant nurturing in your daily life, you start to close the gap and radical healing happens from all vantage points, from your molecular biology and organ health to your emotional health and relationships. You will begin to see how interconnected all aspects of “you” are.
We invite you to join us on this journey of identifying your nurture gap, so you can lovingly and joyfully start to close it. This is, ultimately, a process of bringing yourself into alignment with your full potential.
It’s a gap that you can choose to begin closing for yourself starting now.
Meeting your needs is within reach!
For most people, trying to be “healthy” or “happy” is overwhelming, confusing, exasperating, and about as rewarding as chasing a carrot on a stick.
Terms like “vibrant health” and “an inspired life” feel like marketing clichés at best, or downright mythical icons, like the Holy Grail, unicorns and Donald Duck.
Our body and our emotions can feel so confusing and so often like an enemy we are battling, and not our friend.
But you don’t have to stay in the dark or run in circles. Once you start to “get” what your symptoms are trying to tell you, you will begin to understand what you really need to do to heal and thrive. This includes how to identify and ditch the beliefs that are are getting in your way. Once this process begins, you will be amazed at what you EXPERIENCE and how FAST transformation starts to happen!
Ditch the stick and get your carrot!
Together we combine:
- Cutting edge science
- Holistic and traditional wisdom
- Emotional intelligence
- Daily life practicalities
The inclusive framework of this course honors the strengths of many approaches to well being so that you can learn to identify and implement what will close your own unique nurture gap.
Before we move on, let’s clear up 4 common misconceptions:
1) It is common for people to feel chronically tired and in pain, but it is not normal. Normal aging doesn’t have to hurt like we have come to expect.
2) Your life doesn’t have to be something you just grit your teeth and bear. Your life can be immensely pleasurable and fulfilling without using self-destructive habits, including pushing yourself too hard in order to prove your worthiness. You are worthy of so much more, but you must be willing to do your part!
3) Our approach is not anywhere near as hard as you think and deprivation is not part of the package. What we will teach you is doable, powerful, pleasurable and mind blowing transformation can happen surprisingly fast. We see it all the time!
4) Even better, you don’t have to wait for some fictitious future when your body will be “fixed” or “perfect” to experience self-acceptance, self-love and joy. You can start right now, loving yourself exactly as you are.
We bet you’ve been trying to take care of everyone else. Now it’s your turn!
Believe us, we’ve been there…
- We get how it is to barely make it through the day, tired, in pain, and hating how you look. We have wondered, what the heck happened to my body? How did I get this way?
- We know how much time and energy one can waste on the internet researching contradictory and confusing theories, diets, cleanses and cures, but never really getting clear on the root cause of illness and what you truly need to function at your best.
- We know what it’s like to envy people who poop normally (or at all) and don’t have pain, gas and bloating after meals.
- And what if you’ve already tried specialists, surgeries, pills, paleo, raw vegan, yoga, exercise, oil pulling, probiotics and still feel like poo? What then? We get what it’s like to feel like you’ve tried everything.
- We know how it is to feel like you are guessing in the dark when it comes to your health, because you are getting nowhere but defeated. Then, you end up going off the rails, because what’s the point of trying if you’re going to feel like crap anyway, right?
- We know that dead end feeling of actually believing that this is as good as it gets and it’s only downhill from here.
We want to help you find a better way that works for you.
In fact, you can walk away with…
- A deeper understanding of how your emotions and the way you feel are nature’s way of connecting you to how your body works and what needs are asking to be met.
- A way of eating that is pleasurable and practical.
- A clearer sense of what your symptoms are trying to tell you.
- The ability to slow metabolic aging and disease.
- Concrete tools you can use to not feel so stressed out.
- Ways to make movement and meditation an accessible and joyful part of your life no matter who you are.
- An understanding of how you sabotage yourself, get stuck and even backslide so you can get out of your own way.
- Strategies to communicate better with your existing practitioners and/ or find holistic practitioners that can support actual healing and not just treat symptoms.
- Tips to start feeling better now so you don’t have to wait for everything to be “fixed.”
- An empowered inner guidance system that will allow you to continue on your path of transformation indefinitely.
- A whole new level of self respect, nurturing and love.
“An amazing, unexpected, and oh so welcome outcome is that for the first time in forever, I eat without guilt! I seriously never put food in my mouth without feeling guilty… until now. Food is a joy! Cooking is a joy! Taking care of myself as though I were a loved one is a joy! I still care about how I look but care as much about how I am healing my body….
As motivating as looking better is, the most precious gift is that I am improving my longevity odds and feeling great physically and mentally…
Traci and Skya are a special combination of brilliant, gifted teachers who make sense of complex science while doling out warm, fuzzy nurturing. I am so grateful to be on this journey”
– Mary Marosovich, Age 71, Speech Pathologist
Our programs are ideal for you if you…
- Have been craving real results for years but haven’t been sure how to get them.
- Are truly ready to commit to yourself.
- Have any health issues, or maybe even complex and confusing medical conditions, that may even run in your family. You know you can change things, and don’t have to share the same fate.
- Find that things aren’t working so hot as is, and you can clearly see that things have to change for your life and health to transform.
- Feel ready to take responsibility for healing yourself, and, as part of that, are open to receiving the assistance and support you need along the way.
- Are willing to face whatever is needed and do whatever it takes to meet your deepest needs, including questioning old patterns, beliefs and excuses. Willingness is the greatest predictor of success!
- Need help removing the guesswork, so you can confidently navigate the confusing, contradictory health and lifestyle information out there.
- Are ready to become your own health detective and advocate.
- Want to invest time, energy and resources into thriving and enjoying life, not into being sick and limited.
- Are ready to experience an obvious, even dramatic, and lasting shift in how you feel over the next few months, even weeks.
Our innovative approach has grown out of our:
- Ongoing personal experiences healing ourselves.
- Unique merging of scientific, cultural, psychological and spiritual perspectives on human wellness in a way that is accessible.
- Ongoing work helping clients successfully heal themselves.
We created this course for you because we know what it’s like to be sick, spending months, years and even decades going from doctor to doctor, practitioner to practitioner, down rabbit holes of treatments that don’t work, or even worse, cause terrible side effects.
We also know what it’s like to find what works, because it addresses the root cause. In time we realized that all the treatments in the world won’t help if you’re not providing the foundation. And, even when you feel like you’ve tried everything, there is still so much to discover!
“There is no way that I could overstate the ways in which Skya and Traci have enriched my life. They have helped me gain a comprehensive understanding of what my body wants and needs to function at its highest. I was cutting so many things out of my diet and under nourishing myself in the name of “nutrition.” They help me to utilize the knowledge that they’ve shared with me by breaking down very complex bodily functions into terms I can understand. The education allows me to take control and use the knowledge to make choices to enhance my entire outlook.
Each body’s natural tendencies will be different and they’ve taught me to work with mine with it’s unique set of imbalances. The body is a constant work in progress, there is no finish line. They’ve made this ongoing “work” a joyous process of understanding and there has been a constant improvement in many areas of my life from working with them.
-Kellen Parenzin, Hairstylist and Woodworker
Our Closing Your Nurture Gap 12 module self-paced group course includes:
- Self-paced modules via email, which include videos, handouts and practical action steps
- Accountability journals that we will actually read (and reach out to you if you’re really in a pinch)
- Biweekly group coaching calls where we will be available to answer any questions and provide support. You will also benefit from other people’s questions.
- Access to a private group Facebook support page
- Free BONUS gift: 4-7 Day Metabolic Reset Cleanse
Interested in more options? Scroll down to learn about Closing Your Nurture Gap one-on-one personalized coaching, our Get Started Eating Healthy two week mini course, or our 4-7 Day Metabolic Reset Cleanse!
In the 12 module self-paced group course we will cover:
Introductory Video: Getting to the root of what’s eating you: a new approach to healing yourself from cell to soul
Here we lay the foundation for your 12 week Closing Your Nurture Gap adventure in which we will turn the common definition “health” on its head.
In this video we will rethink what true health really is…
- We will teach you enough about how your body systems work together to help you distill down a handful of root causes behind most any discomfort or disease.
- This will give you tools needed to see that you have more control than you realize over your health and well-being.
- We connect the dots to show you specific ways in which physical and emotional health are one in the same (mind-body).
- Often seen as contradictory or competing approaches, we will introduce you to emergent possibilities at the intersection of modern science, traditional wisdom and your own unique journey.
Then we will be ready to dive in!
- Discovering your nurture gaps and setting yourself up for success:
- Identifying your unmet needs
- Getting nowhere fast: how to slow down and be more productive
- Reframing your journey: if it’s torture it’s not nurture
- All of you is welcome
- You are what you eat part 1:
- Why food and product quality matters to you: your relationship with the natural world
- Helping you with shopping, sourcing and label reading so you don’t get overwhelmed
- Non-toxic upgrades to everyday household and body-care products
- You are what you eat part 2:
- Ditch the food pyramid: how to create a balanced meal that’s right for you and makes you feel good
- Clearing up the confusion of knowing how much to eat for your body
- Learn how to enjoy food more than you ever have and why this is crucial for proper nutrition and optimum health
- You are a symbiont: Loving your microbiome and nurturing your gut
- Why your microbial ecosystem and your gut are literally at the root of your mental, physical and emotional health (same thing)
- What you can easily do every day (beyond probiotic supplements) to create a dynamic inner ecosystem and happy gut for radical healing
- Rethinking “clean” and good ways to get “dirty”
- You are how you feel: Your inner guidance system and the pleasure principle of healing
- How you health and quality of life are shaped by feedback loops between how your cells behave and the ways you feel, breathe, move and think
- Why pleasure and cultivating your own inner guidance system is crucial for optimal health (and the importance of mind-body practices)
- Learn how you can improve your health, and even lose weight, without even changing what you are eating
- You are how you breathe: presence as a doorway to healing, fulfillment and peace
- Using the breath to bridge physiology and consciousness
- How to shift your brain-state into meditation and presence in your daily life
- Tools for self-guided breathing
- Bonus – Guided Meditation Audio
- You are how you move: move how you love and love how you move
- Finding forms of movement that light you up: Discover a variety of activities that are radically transformative to your overall health and can serve as gateways to greater fitness (whether you’re disabled, an athlete or somewhere in-between)
- Every movement counts: why ergonomics, biomechanics, and neuroplasticity aren’t just fancy words, but really matter in your daily life
- You are how you think: how your thoughts shape your world
- How thoughts can free or imprison you and even change your biology
- Rewiring your brain, transcending self sabotage and experiencing your unlimited potential
- Feel your way free: learn to easily release emotional tension from your body so you feel good
- Becoming your own health detective part 1: Finding practitioners and diagnostic tools that will get you the best results
- It’s all interconnected: common symptoms and possible root causes that might not be so obvious to you
- What to look for: Vetting open-minded, caring practitioners from different modalities that can help you get to the root of your physical problems
- Different forms of diagnostic testing: pros and cons
- You are the boss of your health and your doctor works for you (how you and your practitioner can collaborate to make the system’s strengths work for you without becoming victims of its shortcomings)
- Becoming your own health detective part 2: Patient heal thyself
- The non-practitioner side of healing: harnessing your inbuilt healing capabilities
- Learning how to let the best solutions come to you and how to research without becoming a hypochondriac
- You are not the “dis-ease”: The psychology of diagnostic labels and how to avoid making them a new identity
- Coming back to self love and becoming your own best friend
- Mirror mirror on the wall: Healthy self talk
- Perfectly imperfect: How you can be more gentle with yourself and come to accept yourself exactly as you are
- Identifying different ways you are creating unnecessary suffering
- Keys to cultivating fulfilling relationships where there is a sense of ease
- Enjoying the journey that never ends (and why you wouldn’t want it to)
- Tying it all together: What we can learn from other people’s experiences and how we are each unique
- Getting to the root of what’s eating you: Pinpointing what’s not working for you, getting out of your own way and finding your forward moving flow
- Integrating all you have learned into your own healing process
The root of the word “heal” means to become whole again. Only YOU can give your body-mind what it truly needs.
But figuring out what it needs and how the heck can you make it happen isn’t always easy. This course will guide you to find these answers for yourself and so much more.
After taking this 12-module course, we will have broken this many-layered journey down into bite size pieces, so you can walk away feeling empowered, inspired and knowing what specific steps you need to take and how to take them.
Our goal is for you to not only experience your ideal self as your reality, but to begin to experience a reality that’s beyond your expectations.
“Working with Traci and Skya has revolutionized my life in myriad ways, starting with learning what nutrition really means to the body. Understanding how the different systems and organs respond to what is eaten gave me incredible insight into why I’ve felt overwhelmed, tired, emotional, and unwell during much of my life. It is not an exaggeration to say that within days of beginning to eat properly, I felt like a new person.
The biggest benefit was that I was no longer experiencing chronic body pain, which I thought was due to the aging process. It wasn’t! My body was responding to the foods that it couldn’t process by being in a constant state of inflammation. I would have thought that I would go through a withdrawal process, or feel deprived of favorite snacks and treats, but that’s never happened.
With Traci and Skya’s guidance, as well as their incredible recipes, I now eat simply and well, and because my body is receiving proper nutrition, I’m rewarded with clear soft skin, an unexpected and natural loss of weight, a happy countenance, even emotions, and a sense of being fully in accord with life. This has also allowed me to drop into a deeper practice of meditation and yoga.
I highly recommend both Traci and Skya to anyone who is looking to feel better and live life more fully. They are beautiful, knowledgeable, and loving guides to health and wellness!”
– Daien Forrest, body worker and owner of BelovedYarn.com
Investment for the Closing Your Nurture Gap Group Coaching Program
Do you have a more complex health situation or would you like a little more hand holding?
Consider upgrading to our one-on-one Closing Your Nurture Gap Personalized Coaching Program
This package includes ALL of the features of the group package listed above as well as…
- In depth, customized discovery questionnaire
- 90 minute kick off call
- Thereafter, six 60 minute coaching calls
- Strategies customized just for you!
- Access to personal email support
Investment for the one-on-one Closing your Nurture Gap Personalized Coaching Program
Email us about installment payments
Not ready for a 12 week course, but want a little taste of paradise?
Try our Get Started Eating Healthy 2 Week Mini-Course
This course includes the basics for putting together balanced meals your body needs to heal and function optimally. This is not about dietary dogma, but about finding what works for you and putting it into practice so that healthy becomes your new normal!
- You are what you eat part 1: Food quality and our relationship with the natural world, shopping, sourcing, label reading and non-toxic alternatives to everyday household products
- You are what you eat part 2: How to create a balanced meal that’s right for you and makes you feel good
4 to 7 Day Metabolic Reset Cleanse
This cleanse is not a fast. You actually eat and drink plenty! This is a favorite with our clients because it gives them a quick and direct experience of how much better you can feel in a short time when you change what you eat, such as a very quick shift in energy, mood, pain levels and usually takes a few pounds off those who have excess.
This is a well rounded multi-system cleanse inspired by some of our favorite functional medicine practitioners and tweaked over time with client feedback. It is designed to give your metabolism, digestion and detox systems a reset, specifically targeting:
- Liver, gallbladder and kidneys
- Digestive tract and immune function, including a break from common food sensitivities
- Overall metabolic function
- Blood sugar levels
- Inflammation levels
- Stress hormone imbalances
- Mood and cognitive function
- Overall stress from toxic burden and nutritional imbalance
We will give you detailed instructions on how to prepare, how to do the cleanse and how to smoothly transition off of it.
Combo: 4-7 Day Metabolic Reset Cleanse & Get Started Eating Healthy 2 Week Mini-Course
Not sure which program to give? Get a gift card for any amount!
Have any questions about what course is right for you or your loved one? Let’s chat! Email us to schedule a free 20 minute consult!